Menu

Saturday 23 April 2022

My Hobby - Stamp Collecting - Essay Writing

 My Hobby - Stamp Collecting


    While it is important to pay attention to our studies, it is equally important to have a hobby. We must learn to spend our leisure time usefully. While I| do like reading, my favourite hobby is stamp collecting. Stamp collecting is called philately.

    I have stamps of many countries. Often the stamps have the pictures of great leaders of a country. So when I see a stamp that has the picture of a leader, I try to find out more about him. Thus I learn about the leaders of other countries. Sometimes there are pictures of ancient buildings - and historic monuments. Sometimes there are pictures of animals that are almost extinct. I then realize the importance of preserving wild life. In many ways stamp collecting has been an a eye opener for me. 

    It has also given me a sense of discipline. It is not enough to merely collect the stamps. They must be put in an album and carefully preserved. We must label the stamps, so that we will Know which country they are from. All this has made me very organized and disciplined.

    Sometimes I ha
ve two stamps of the same kind in my collection. In that case, I keep all the extras in a separate box. I exchange them for stamps that I do not have with other stamp collectors. Thus stamp collecting has also helped me to make new friends.

    When there are philatelic exhibitions, I display my collection. I have won a few prizes for my collection too. On such occasions I have been happy that a leisure time activity has fetched me prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment