Menu

Saturday 23 April 2022

Participating in a quiz - Essay Writing

 Participating in a quiz


    When my teacher told me that I had been selected to represent my school in a quiz competition, I was thrilled. My best friend also had been selected. We had both always been enthusiastic quizzers.

    But we still wanted to be prepared for the quiz. So we borrowed books from the library, and browsed the Internet. We learnt many facts by heart. We bought some books, and asked our parents to help us. Our parents would shoot questions at us, and we would answer. There was to be a rapid fire round too in the quiz. So we-had to be really quick.

    The opposite team was a very good one. They too, like us, had got through the knock out rounds. I had not been a part of the team that had participated in the preliminary rounds, because I had been unwell at the time. I was unsure of myself. I did not want to let down my school. I was afraid people might say that had I not been a part of the team, my school would have won.

    On the day of the quiz, we went to the venue, accompanied by our teacher. The hall was full.
    Our parents were there too. The first round was a buzzer round. If I made a mistake, points would be taken away from our score. But luck favoured us that day. Not only did we do well in. the buzzer round, but in the other rounds too. The other team did equally well too. But we won by a narrow margin. When our principal congratulated us the next day, we wept with joy. We have many more rounds to go before we reach the finals. But we realized that participating in the quiz was more important than winning. After all no one can hope to be a winner all the time. The team spirit and the learning of new things was what counted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment